Sunday, January 29, 2006

Hoodwinked, Otis, and Carolina Basketball

So here it is, our first weekend re-cap. It started out like a lot of weekends. You say you have no plans, and then somehow you're busy from start to finish. This weekend was a good mix of both, so hopefully we'll be refreshed for another week of the daily grind.

Friday morning started with one of the girls from work coming over to do her taxes and eat dinner with Flip (my roommate) and I. By 10, we had added someone else....and by 4:30 we had 3 people coming over. That's the theme of our apartment most of the time...."the more the merrier". It ended just being four of us and Flip cooked a terrific dinner as usual. She made her famous london broil marinated in Lawry's Havana Lime and Garlic marinade. I'm telling you, that stuff is awesome. It was nice catching up with Kim (co-worker) and Tera (former co-worker) and having some "girl time". Sorry Ryan, you missed out on London Broil again. We've only been promising it to you since your birthday (last summer). Mike came and picked me up about 8:30 and we went and saw "Hoodwinked". Ok, we've got to confess one of our secrets.....we're addicted to cartoon movies. It's one of our guilty pleasures. The squirrel is hilarious, and the movie was much better than expected. Go see it for a matinee or get it when it comes out on DVD. Anyone that knows of my caffeine addiction will understand why I like the squirrel so much. When we got back the girls were still here, so we visited a little more and then everyone headed home.

Saturday the "children" actually let us sleep in, so it was a pretty lazy Saturday morning. Watched the Heels spank Arizona, job-hunted (again), and got ready for our big date with Otis....I mean Clayton. Otis is the son of another one of my co-workers. Can you tell we all get along? We even spend our weekends together. He's 7 months old and the cutest thing on the planet....second to my neice of course. Pam and Reggie are the parents, and Reggie's dad's name is Otis. For some reason, we all thought that was hilarious, and called him "Otis" until he was born. Even though he's Clayton now, he'll always be "Otis" to us. So we went over and hung out with at the Gaither manse (no arguments Reggie), ordered some food, and played with Otis, I mean Clayton. Came home when it was his bedtime, didn't want to turn on the tv....so we decided to start this blog.

Sunday morning got up and went to church. Two weeks in a row, aren't you proud of us? Came home, cooked lunch, and then headed over to Cotswald to do some shopping. I have given up on the search for shoes that fit. If I do find a pair, even though I doubt they exist, I'm buying all that they have. Watched my last Gilmore Girls DVD (two seasons in one month), and then Mike came over and we cooked dinner and watched Extreme Home Makeover and the UNC/Duke Women's game. Tarheel's are #1 baby!!!!!! The family on extreme home made my feel completely lazy. They work full time jobs and run an animal rescue. God help us if we ever get a house with a fenced in yard.....I'll take in every animal in I see. Just can't get enough of them. Talked to my Dad for a few minutes and then started typing.

Well, that's enough rambling for now. Not much planned for this week. Just the normal routine of work, home, job-hunt. Everyone cross their fingers for me. I hope something comes up soon. I'm really going to miss the group I work with....they're very special people.

I was going to try and post some pictures of the "children", but can't get them added for some reason. It's says they're uploaded, but then they're not here. Oh well.....we'll try again next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats