Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Who's Blogging Whom?

The blog bug is catching. Yes, folks... my sister, Kathryn, and her husband, Andrew, (and their two cats and a guinea pig) now have a blog of their own. Here's what it's come to: I'm going to have to get up earlier every day just to read what everyone else has written about themselves. Hey, Mom, remember when people would just call each other and talk for a while?

Anyway... today was just a day, and tonight was just a night. Dinner was good... Flip grilled a steak indoors and stunk up the kitchen with the smell of burning marinade, but the steak tasted great. Add to that some potato casserole and you've got yourself a nice little meal. Sorry, Mom... no green vegetables. But Flip did offer to prepare peas, lima beans, or a salad just for me. During dinner, I watched Gilmore Girls with Jess and Flip and the "children", as J likes to call them... then walked the Moa-man, helped clean the kitchen just a little (you ladies pick yourselves up off the floor and read on), then headed up here to write this entry.

Let's see... what part of my daily life can I let you loyal readers in on this evening? How about a list of the websites I frequent on a daily basis? It's not a long list, I promise...

  • Charlotte.com: This is as close as I get to a newspaper subscription.
  • engadget: It's like Entertainment Tonight for geeks. If there's a rumor about a hot new tech gadget, you'll find it here. And the irreverent writing style alone is worth a visit to the site.
  • insidecarolina.com: Gotta keep up with the Heels!
  • tarheelblue.com: See above. This is the official UNC athletics site.
  • ESPN: For a broader view of all things sport.
  • Kathryn and Andrew's Blog: To see how in the world they're going to fit a new activity into their schedules.
  • Heidi's Blog: To see what's happening in Statesboro, GA.
  • Haley's Blog: If you read Heidi's blog, you have to read Haley's blog. It's written in some by-laws somewhere.

So there you have it. That's plenty of time-killing goodness each day. And that may not even be a comprehensive list. Long enough for now, though. Gotta go get ready for bed. Tomorrow's a basketball night, so I'm sure Jess will be the bearer of bland news while I'm peeled away from a cathode ray tube for a few hours. Night, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats