Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Must be in the water

Did anybody else see the girl from UNC on American Idol just now? Like most Carolina girls she was cute, personable, and a total smarta**. It must be something in the water there. I know I perfected my one-liner abilites while at Carolina. Ford Credit brings it out more and more every day. Maybe by the time I finish with this entry we'll know whether or not she makes it. They're letting her come back for a second chance because she was so nervous.

Like most offices we try the best we can to make the day as entertaining as possible. Our current "game" is picking out the one-liner of the day. I'd tell you some of them......but we never write them down and most of them are inside jokes. Nothing is worse than trying to re-tell one of these and getting blank stares. Guess you had to be there. Julie is our resident "judge" and since she's the smarta** queen, I think she's qualified. Too bad we can't find jobs getting paid for one-liners. rofl. They must have the same water we had in Chapel Hill in Richmond, KY where she went to school. Go Colonels!

As most of you know (or are a fellow co-worker), our office is closing at the end of July......5 months and 27 days, but who's counting. I think we have to find humor in the situation, because if we didn't, we'd all blow our tops. Like this week for example.....we're closing, and most of us don't plan to move with the company.....but we were all signed up for training time. Can anybody explain to me what the point is? And if I get one more email from Mark Fields about the "Way Forward" plan, I think I'll scream. You can hear a collective groan in our office when we get another email. Ok, ok, I know....enough about work.

Here we go....Looks like our UNC girl is going in for her second chance.......uh oh....doesn't look like she's headed to Hollywood. At least she got some tv time and put Simon in his place.

I realized today that Mike and I started this blog and have failed to post a picture of ourselves on here. For those of you that know me well....finding a picture of me with my eyes open is a chore. I AM getting better, but not quite there yet....and when you put me and Mike's mom together it takes his dad forever to get a picture with both of our eyes open. We're improving though, this time at Christmas it didn't take nearly as long...now did it? This is a picture of us that Andrew took when the three of us toured the Miller Brewing Company this past July. You can see the Plankroad Brewery behind us. I promise my eyes are open behind those sunglasses.

Well kids, I think that's enough for tonight. Let's hope tonight is an injury free night at b'ball for Turtle...aka Mike....whoever thought playing on carpet was a good idea? I'll explain the Turtle reference in a future blog.....Good Night Ya'll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats