Thursday, May 17, 2007

Surprise, Surprise.....

Why a picture of a butterfly........just because they're one of my favorite things and I thought it was pretty.

It's been a while since we posted any news so I thought I would catch everyone up. We have some surprises, great news, good news, and some sad news. Let's see.....where to start.

Let's start with the sad news, that way we can end on a high note. As we have talked about on here before, Mike's Uncle Harold has been battling cancer for almost a year now. Last week we found out that they have found cells in other areas of his body. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. When the Komen website gets up and going for this year we'll start posting details about this year's "Harold's Angels" team. My next Komen meeting is Monday so hopefully I'll get more info then.

Our hearts go out to Julie and Brad. Earlier this week they had to put down their precious Mazzie. She was a great dog and we will all miss her greatly. We've posted pictures of her on here in the past (see the Christmas pictures from last year for the latest). You were both great "parents" to her and know that she is in a better place now.

Now for some related good news now that it's public information. It killed me to keep this quiet, I didn't even tell Flip! Since Julie and Brad were so great with Mazzie we know they're going to be great parents.....that's right. Julie and Brad are expecting!!!!! We are both so happy for you! Now we just need to figure out how to make a Michigan/Ohio State/Browns/Steelers onesie.....think we can fit that all on there. Man....this will be one confused kid. Maybe we'll try to convert the baby to be a Tar Heel fan. Seriously though, a kid couldn't ask for better parents. Wonder how long it will take for Brad to quit beaming? He was grinning from ear to ear when we saw him last week.

Tuesday night Mike was working in the yard and I was working inside when the door bell rang....surprise, it was my Uncle Mike that lives in AR. He was in town on business and surprised me. I cannot tell you how great it is to see him more often. We got to visit for a little while, hear about his trip to New Zealand (i'm jealous), and then we got more good news......he's engaged. Congratulations!!!!!

I was clueless about the other surprise. As most of you know I turned 30 last Friday, which is still hard to believe. I thought we were on our way to dinner with Julie and Brad when Mike pulled into Tyber Creek Pub. I'll let him share the story on my reaction....he loves to tell it. I don't know how they did it, but Mike, Julie, and Flip planned a surprise party for me. All along I thought Flip was going home and my Dad was at the beach. Thank you to all of you who planned and came to celebrate. Like I've said before, I'm truly blessed to have all of you in my life. It took me all day Saturday to recover but it was worth it. We'll post some pictures when I get them, obviously I didn't have a camera since I didn't know about it. I'll say this just once Mike....."I was wrong"......you can surprise me even though we live together. Love you!

We've got some other friends that need your prayers right now, but I don't think it would be appropriate to put on here. Just know that we're always here for you and please let us know if you need anything.

I gave a card to Debbie for Mother's Day that said something about our family doesn't necessarily mean people you're related to......how true, how true.

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, May 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Jessica for such kind words about Mazzie, Brad and myself. Don't think we won't try to get you and Mike to babysit sometime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats