Wednesday, March 28, 2007

All the news that's fit to print....or at least good enough to share.

Ever have one of those moments when you don't know you feel....good and bad all at the same time. I had that happen yesterday. I went on the Lenoir News Topic's website yesterday (yes they have one), and found out that the church I grew up in filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy. On one hand I wanted to do the "I told you so" dance, but then on the other hand it saddened me. I LOVED growing up in this church.....until the newest pastor at least. And if I'm being realistic the old sanctuary is now classrooms....but I still feel like I should be able to go home and it look like it did when I was 10. I sometimes have a hard time with that. Same thing happens in Chapel Hill......where "When did that building change", "what's that", and "well, you used to be able to walk through there" are common phrases. But I digress, there are a few members left from the original church at this now HUGE church. I hope and pray that they are able to figure this out. I'm all for growth....but smart growth. Mom changed churches years ago and I never really went back after college.....I'll just choose to remember the church I grew up in. If I ever want a glimpse of the past, I'll just head to the other side of Charlotte where one of my former pastors is. I keep saying I'm going to do that.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Flip and Ashley for joining me on the Race for the Cure committee. One of my resolutions was to get involved in something that I had a passion for. I finally decided to join the Charlotte Komen Race for the Cure committee. We had our first meeting Monday night and it was great! They are an awesome group of hard working people. Somehow I came out of the meeting as a member of the teams committee and in charge of the expo. Funny how that happens. I've since recruited Flip and Ashley. There were several sets of roommates at the meeting.....it felt weird not to have Flip there. So if anyone in Charlotte has 2 hours or a couple of months to volunteer, let me know and I'll help find a place for you. We're also going to do "Harold's Angels" this year. Registration is scheduled to start in May......so SAVE THE DATE NOW.......the race is OCTOBER 6, 2007.

We have a couple of busy weeks/weekends coming up with Easter, birthdays, and other stuff. We'll (yes Mike still is part of the blog) try to post more often....especially since we have 5-6 months until football season :-(. Guess it'll be naps while "watching" the race for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats