Thursday, February 15, 2007

Man, Tulips Drink A Lot of Water

I thought I'd steal Kathryn's idea and show you the flowers I got yesterday from Mike. They have really opened up overnight. I can't take them home or Lucky will eat them, but it's a nice addition to my corner of the gray cublicle world. Tulips are my FAVORITE.....and I'm not sure if Mike knows this, but my great-grandmother's middle name was Iris. When I got them yesterday I was reminded of her. Thank you again!! You know how much I LOVE flowers, and getting flowers. Now I just need to figure out which ones to plant at the house. Ideas anyone?


We had a nice and quiet Valentine's Day. We continued our tradition of cooking at home. Last night Mike made the chicken he made our first V'Day. We're saving going out for tomorrow night. I got "Dirty Rotten Scoundrel" tickets for V'Day and I'm really looking forward to it!

I know it's a Hallmark holiday, but I love Valentine's Day....and not just for the gifts, flowers, etc..... I think it's important for us to take a day just to let those we love know how we feel. I've always loved that my family calls each other on V'Day to say hello and "I Love You". It's amazing what those words mean to us. Thank you to G'Ma Dot and Dad for my cards.....you do too much.

So, on Valentine's Day (and every day), remember to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you.

I'll leave you with two phrases that we don't say often enough.......to Mike, my family, and friends.......

"Thank You"
"I Love You"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats