Friday, March 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

When Mike and I went to New Orleans in May 2005 we spent one afternoon (I think it was a Sunday) shopping in the French Quarter. We came across a gallery on Royal street, "Animazing Gallery". It was a really cool gallery full of original and reproduction animation prints. We especially enjoyed the Dr. Seuss collection (and Winnie the Pooh) for me. I think if we would have had more mad money that day, we would have left with something. I found a couple of pictures of the gallery on the web (they don't have a website :-/).





Here's a picture of the the inside of the gallery.












.....and a close up of one of the pieces.










Seeing that today was Dr. Seuss' birthday reminded me of this gallery and our trip. I also think that's the day we got introduced to Pat O'Brien's Hurricanes and Lucky Dogs. Yummmmm. It also reminded me of Kindergarten when we made green eggs and ham for all of our parents. Don't parents really have to take one for the team sometimes? Ha.

So remember the kid inside of you today and always. If you have kids, read a Dr. Seuss book to them today. It's nice to know that some classics will always be around.

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if you try!"
Dr. Seuss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats