Thursday, March 01, 2007

It's rare that a book makes me cry

I love to read as many of you already know. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in a book that I don't want to do anything else. Occasionally they'll make me laugh....but hardly ever make me cry. This time of the month we are always DEAD at work in my department. I always take those opportunities to read (I know, I should find something else to do.....refer to my second sentence).

Anyway, I just finished "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult and it was EXCELLENT!!! The author develops characters better than most I've read. The ending is gut-wrenching though.

I thought I'd share two quotes from the book that I liked.

The first is the Dad explaining the story behind Pandora's box.

"Pandora's curiosity got the best of her, and one day she opened that box. Out came plagues and misery and mischief. She managed to shut the lid tight before hope escaped. It's the only weapon we have left to fight the others".

The second is a quote about love.

".....that she would love me until the moon lost it's footing in the sky".

To hope, love, and hoping that I love the next book I read as much as this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats