Sunday, June 03, 2007

And just like that....it was gone.



This morning around 10:30 am what was once known as "The Hive" to many of us was imploded. Mike made fun of me, but I got kind of teary eyed (but again, I do that at a lot of stuff). This is where I saw my first concert, went to my first professional sports game with my Dad, attended many UNC games (ACC and Pepsi Tourneys), and was where Mike took me on one of my favorite dates early on to the circus. I wonder what happened to the souvenir vendor Gloria? She sold us my stuffed elephant.......that we named after her. The Charlotte Coliseum holds many memories for both of us and was around less than 20 years. It seems like it's been longer than that. How will I tell people where I work now.....next to where the Coliseum used to be? We enjoy the new arena, but it's somehow just not the same....but we'll cheer on the Bobcats and the Checkers the same way we once did the Hornets. Those first few seasons were a special time, and I know I'll cherish those memories for many years to come (and memories of Rex Chapman).

We've had a pretty laid back weekend. Mostly just hung around the house and vedged....we don't do that often enough. We finally got some much needed rain, although I think it was too late for one of our bushes.....it is FRIED. We attempted to venture downtown to "The Taste of Charlotte", but the wind and rain made them close up shop early. I think I've been every year that I've lived here, it feels weird to not have gone this year. So instead we grabbed some pizza at Fuel and went to Southpark-the new "fancy wing" is that. Who would have thought that Charlotte would ever get an Hermes store? And whoever says that the economy is slowing, has not been in an Apple store lately.

Things we have learned this weekend:

1. All the Blokus games are awesome. Thank you to Mike's co-worker for recommending them!!

2. You CAN add too much sugar to homemade tomato sauce.

3. Seeing Puss n' Boots and Donkey switch bodies is HILARIOUS!!

and

. When you own a house, you are very happy to see rain so you don't have to water.

We have a busy week coming up and we're headed to Lake Junaluska/Graduation at Hibriten next weekend, so we promise to have some pictures posted when we get back. Congratulations Kristen! Good Luck on Finals this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats