Monday, December 10, 2007

23 months......that's it?!?!?

"Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison today for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy that involved gambling and killing pit bulls." from charlotte.com

As most of you know, I'm a huge animal lover.....especially cats and dogs. Mike makes fun of me all of the time for paying more attention to people's dogs when we see them than to the owners. Case in point......our shopping venture to Birkdale yesterday. What can I say, dogs are almost always happy to see you and they never disappoint you.

Back to my point, how did Vick get off with less than 1/2 of the maximum sentence, with the option of getting off early for good behavior. What he did is deplorable and unforgivable. I could rant for days about this self-centered "piece of monkey sh*t" as Clark Griswald would say, but he's not worth any more of my time. End of story.

In other news, I hope everyone is having a good holiday season. We spent most of our weekend shopping and have most of Santa's list checked off. Nothing like shopping for xmas in short sleeves in 70+ degree weather. I LOVE the South!!!

Julie is due any day now. I know she's ready (and still at work!!!), and we're ready to meet Baby Girl Witers. We got other good news today too, another couple we know is expecting. It's still a little early, so we'll share more later. Oh, and congrats to Reggie and Pam....they're also expecting. I think that's everyone. Ha. Babies everywhere in this bunch.

Merry Christmas everybody!! Thanks to everyone that came and started off the season right with us last weekend (1st). To all of our friends and family, we hope you know how much all of you mean to us!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats