Friday, December 15, 2006

Who are your heroes for 2006?

On Matt and Ramona yesterday they had a segment where listeners called in and told them their heroes and zeros for 2006. I think this is my 2nd post I got from 107.9.....maybe I should hit Brad up for promotion money.. .just kidding....sort of. What can I say, I'm addicted to popular talk radio. They were mainly focusing on celebrities which is disturbing all on it's on. What's more disturbing is that one teenage girl called in and said her hero was Paris Hilton!!!! That's wrong on so many different levels. So anyway...their discussion made me think about who my heroes were in 2006. I'm not going to even bother with zero's (the real life ones anyway)....if they're a zero....are they really worth the time.?

We've both talked about him multiple times on the blog.....but it's worth repeating. My first hero this year is Uncle Harold. His determination and faith this year has been an example everyone should strive to. We visited with Aunt Ann and Uncle Harold last night and I was reminded once again of his strength. Even though the cancer is still not all gone....he continues to have a great attitude, while admitting that he has faltered from time to time. I think that's the part that makes him a hero to me. He doesn't just say he's strong.....he proves it....and admits his faults. I wish I could be more like that.

Another one of my heroes for 2006 is Flip. She has too many good qualities to list....but she is one of the most patient and giving people I know. Thank you for always being there for me, stepping up when no normal person would, and having one of the most rational shoulders to lean on. I couldn't ask for a better friend and the animals couldn't ask for a better "aunt". We miss you (are you sure you don't want the front bedroom?)!

I know it's completely selfish, but the last "hero" is a group. Thank you to everyone who helped us move. I don't think that we realized how big of a project it would be or how much stuff we owned!!! How do two people fill up a 24 foot truck, a trailer, and several car loads? As Dave said...."y'all have too much stuff!". So thank you to Phil, Nancy, Flip, Dave, April, Brian, Harold, Ann, Nikki, Tera, and my Dad (for the Wendy's run). I think that's everyone. If I forgot someone.....well then I just suck. Ha. Extra thanks to Phil and Nancy for helping us out all weekend so that we could start Monday at least with some degree of normalcy. We're still getting settled in, but we're getting there. Maybe if we were at home more.....think that might help?

And just because it's fun....my celebrity heroes and zeros for 2006:

Heroes: Emmitt Smith, Sandra Bullock (how does she never get any bad press.....because there isn't any!!), Sara Evans

Zeroes: Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, Linday Lohan....fill in the blank with pretty much any other airhead celebrity. Rolemodels.....what a crock.

That's just a short list....but you get the picture.

Who were your heroes this past year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats