Wednesday, June 13, 2007

That by the time we get through, The world will never ever be the same

We're back from our million mile weekend. Hooterville to Hudson, to Lake Junaluska, to Lenoir, back to LJ, Hudson again, and finally back home. It was worth every mile. Congratulations again Kristen! We are both so very proud of you. Thank you for letting us be part of your big day.




Our graduation gift to Kristen was a college survival kit (she'll need it....she's going to that red school down the road). It had everything from Ramen noodles to blue books. We had to explain what blue books were, she'll know soon enough. Thank you to all of the girls for giving me ideas of stuff to put in it, Mike's mom for embroidering the blanket, and to Mike for carrying it around for me.


Saturday night we took a walk ALL the way around the lake. The chapel is one of my favorite spots.











On our walk we saw several of the lake's natives. This is one of many rabbits that blessed us with their presence. We got to see the resident cairn terrier, Halley, again this year too. I said before we started that I wanted to see lots of animals.....man did I get my wish.




Could someone please tell me what kind of tree this is? It is right across from the cottage we stay in and I love it. All I know is that it's in the dogwood family, but the blooms are square. I've got a fairly green thumb and as a North Carolina girl, I know a lot of the plants.....but this variety has me befuddled. I've got close ups if needed.



It's Race for the Cure time again too! We hope to have our blog for Harold's Angels up and going again soon. In the meantime you can check out our team page at http://www.komencharlotte.org/goto/haroldsangels. Thank you to Mike's Cousin Jack for starting our fundraising efforts....first again this year.

Congratulations are in order for Matt F. from college. He is the proud new father of Liam. Of course the pictures are on my computer at work.....I'll try to remember to post one tomorrow.

In the words of the Salutatorian Friday Night at the end of his graduation speech......Go Tar Heels!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats