Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Borrowing from Mary Newsom

Mary Newsom writes for the Charlotte Observer, and I ran across her blog while surfing Charlotte.com today. If you click on her name above, you'll see a nifty post about what Mary calls "House Bloat" in Myers Park.

The cool thing about this post is the picture of what my friends and I affectionately call "The Hotel". This house took forever to construct... indoor pool, immaculate landscaping, attention to every detail... the whole nine yards. I run right by this house a lot. And I must say that Mary is dead-on. I mean, who needs to buy two lots in Myers Park, tear down both houses, and built a "starter castle" that spans both parcels? An orphanage could have been built on less acreage. But who am I to judge? What would I build or buy for myself if I could afford as much house as I wanted? And where would I put it? What about you? What would you build/buy? And where?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats