Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ford Credit knows how to party


If you haven't been able to tell from my previous posts, my co-workers and I get together from time to time outside of the office......or more like all of the time. Even though we still have a few months until our branch closes, I'm torn between seeing my friends daily and moving on to a new opportunity. So I decided to post a few pictures of the gang. These first two are from mine and Flip's first party after moving into the apartment. This was also the night Mike and I "met" again. I can't believe I don't have a picture of us from that night. He showed up with Godiva and the rest was history. The first picture is of the two roomies, me and Flip. The second picture is me, Chris, Ashley, and Mauer (another one of the Jennifers). Ashley and I shared a cubicle when I first started at Ford. I don't miss those 10 hour days, but Ashley made and still makes every day brighter with her sparkling personality. Chris is a fellow analyst and we share many eye rolls every day regarding the craziness that surrounds us...."Welcome to the Jungle". Mauer is a fellow cat fanatic who inherited my old admin. dept. I'm sorry, really....but someone has to supervise that bunch. There's also a video from that night on my computer that Chris didn't realize he was taking. It is HILARIOUS. Thank god we have nice neighbors, we were really loud that night.


Birthdays are always celebrated in our group, sometimes more than once. Both of these pictures are from 30th parties. The first picture is from Ashley's 30th back in November...she's on the left with Kim in the middle and Dorian (aka Koko) on the right. They surprised Ashley by taking her to Libby Lu's at the mall to get all gussied up and then it was off to uptown. Don't they look just like rockstars? Kim and Dorian are both two of the strongest women I know. Dorian has the cutest three year old, Grace....and smart too. She loves when we all go over to their house to hang out...but remember, Grace, "Boys are bad". ha. The second picture is of Julie and me at Mike's 30th b'day party at Tyber Creek. We started one month apart at Ford Credit and became fast friends. I hope she knows how important she is to me. It's nice to know I have a fellow smarta** at work always ready to help me out.

I'm sure in the next few months we'll be having many good-bye parties. Our first is planned for next month when my manager leaves for the great white north, otherwise known as New Hampshire. Joe is one of the best bosses I've ever had and we're really going to miss him. Everyone's already making big plans for his last bash with us. Today there was talk about a quarters contest off of each other's noses. I don't know what that's all about, but I'm sure it will be interesting.

Ok, that's enough about work. At least it's all good stuff. I really do work with a good group of people and will miss them terribly.....well, most of them at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats