Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Count Your Blessings

Happy Day after Valentine's. I hope it was a good one for everyone. If nothing else Valentine's Day reminds us to tell those close to us that we love them and appreciate them. On that note, I promised everyone an update on our friends that are having a hard time right now.

On a positive note, Jenny, who had a cancerous tumor last week is out of ICU and recovering well. She's still in the hospital so they can make sure everything's working the way it's supposed to. She seems to be on the road to recovery and is ready to get home to her two "children"....the four legged kind.

I wish I had good news about Alexa also. We have more details now about the accident. They hit a patch of ice over the weekend, the car flipped...and then hit a tree. Her little body was fine because of the car seat, but suffered severe head trauma when the roof caved in. As a result she was deemed brain dead and the family made the difficult decision to have her organs donated and let her go. My mom sent me a valentine about angels yesterday....I guess God needed one more. They say everything happens for a reason, but it's sometimes very hard to understand. A couple of the girls from work went over and helped straighten up the family's home yesterday so they would have a clean house to come home to and we collected $$ at work and bought enough groceries for an army. I know some of you at work read this blog and I just want you all to know how much I love and appreciate you. It's really not going to be the same after we all move on. It's nice to know that you have co-workers that will really step up when you need them.

I promise to have better news the next time I post, but wanted to update everyone that's been asking. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Has anyone decided they need a cat yet? Isn't TC just gorgeous? She looks just like my old cat Sinatra. She's really loving too...will come right up to you and force you to pet her.

Have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats