Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Size of a Grapefruit

I don't know about ya'll....but it seems like the the more I try to get done, the further behind I seem to get. So tonight I'm sitting here attempting to mult-task and failing miserably. I'm pretty good at it too usually. Currently I'm trying to watch the grammy's, make a mental packing list for this weekend, job hunt, and now write my first blog entry in a week. So I decided to slow down for a minute, catch ya'll up with what's been going on in our lives and post some more pictures.

As I sit here writing this blog I'm reminded by how much we really do take life for granted. One of the biggest pieces of "news" in my world the past couple of days has been finding out that a former co-worker has been diagnosed with cervical cancer at 30 years old. It's all happened very quickly and she had surgery yesterday to reomove all of her "female parts". From the last report we got she was put in ICU due to a high fever, but was expected to be back in a regular room tonight and was sore, but recovering well. When they removed the tumor it was the size of a GRAPEFRUIT.....that's just ridiculous and hard to understand. Jenny is one of the nicest, most outgoing people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and have been reminded of many memories of her the past couple of days. She lives in Atlanta now....but I'll always remember our training trip in Dearborn, many a night out uptown, and parties at her and Leslie's house. Times like this just remind us how important it is to keep friends close to us and in our hearts. Please keep Jenny and her husband in your prayers, and we all hope for her speedy recovery.

Besides that unexpected news, life has been pretty uneventful. Last weekend it was my Saturday to work. Have you ever been in an office building completely alone? It has got to be one of the spookiest feelings? Luckily it was pretty busy, so I wasn't "spooked" too much. Oh, and Friday night we tried a new recipe and it was AWESOME. I know it as Chicken Vesuvio from "Rosebud" in Chicago, but it's basically chicken and potatoes in a lemon wine sauce. It took forever to make, but was well worth it. Sunday Mike and I went to church for the 3rd Sunday in a room (I'm so proud of us), got some lunch, and then I went to do some shopping before the Super Bowl. We went over to the Witers (I work with Julie)...and her husband Brad is a HUGE Steelers fan. We watched it on not one, but two 50 inch plasmas that he "borrowed" from the radio station, where he works in promtions. The boys played ladder golf before the game and then had a great time watching the game, meeting Matt and Amy's little one, playing with Mazzie, being thoroughly entertained my Ramona's mom, and cheering the Steelers on to a victory. "Here we Go, The Steelers are going to the super bowl".....was played over and over and over and over....much to Julie's chagrin (she's a Browns fan).

The rest of the week has been the same as any other. Monday I went to my first aerobics class in forever. I'm still sore, but I really enjoyed it. Watched Gilmore Girls and the UNC/Dook game last night. Flip and Mike get mad at me because I read the GG spoilers....what can i say, i'm addicted. And even though we lost last night, our boys still looked pretty good for such a young team. The best is yet to come. I just really can't stay JJ Reddick. I don't know what it is about him that makes me want to snap him in half. anyhoo....Moa went to the groomer today and is all nice and clean. They finally got his cut right!

Flip and I are still job hunting like crazy, so please help us pray that we'll be led to the right opportunity and we don't get discouraged. She got a lead today with Wachovia....so keep your fingers crossed for her.

Mike's gone to basketball like every Wed., but I'm sure he'll be back with another great post....I wish I had his gift. He'll be the philsopher and I'll be the historian.

Well, there must be a link between me trying to upload pictures right after I just transfered pictures from my camera. They won't link unless I reboot so I guess you'll have to wait until next time for more pictures. Remember the time constraints,.....just kidding.

oh and p.s...i have a book suggestion..... one of my new year's resolutions was to read as many of the "classics" this year instead of chick lit. Right now I'm reading Anna Karenina" by Tolstoy and I'm really enjoying it. Don't let the 800+ pages intimidate you.

Good Night and God Bless.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey baby girl,
So sorry to hear about Jenny. Prayers and good thoughts to her and her family.
GG and UNC that's my girl!
Good luck to Flip w/Wachovia and remember, both of you are going to do great! Don't get discouraged, you both are AWESOME, yep, I'm a little biased, but then again,I'm RIGHT!
Tell Mike & Flip hello and XOXOXO (to Moa-man and the Kitties,too!).
Love ya' bunches

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats