Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I know, I know

I know, I know....it's been a week since our last post, but it's been crazy the past couple of days. I know it's not a good excuse, but it's the best one I've got. So I guess it's time to get ya'll caught up on the craziness which is our lives. I wish I could remember everything since last Wednesday, but most of it is a blur....here we go.

The craziness started Friday afternoon when I was trying to find a car for me and got a call back on a job. We were busy at work, and with all the distractions, it made for a hectic afternoon. The short version of a long story is that as of today or tomorrow I'll be the proud driver a new 2006 Charcoal Beige Ford Fusion. I can't wait. I love Belle (my mustang), but there's just not enough room in it. I figured I needed to get at least one more car out of Ford before we're kicked to the curb in July. It's strange, but I name all of my cars....so if anyone can think of a female name that starts with a B let me know. Don't ask me why B, I don't know, but they've all been B's before.

There was some progress on the job front. I had an interview at Financial Federal Credit on Monday, and got the job! That's the good news.....the other news is that I decided not to take it. It was 20 miles from the house, the benefits weren't great (not bad, but not good either), and it wasn't a job I was jumping for joy over. They basically do big equipment financing. The commute, having to get some of my own healthcare, and it being pretty much the same thing I do now did not even out with the minimal increase in pay. Let's pray I made the right decision. I feel good about it. I talked it over with several people, prayed about it, and talked to someone who used to work there, so I think I made the right decision.

So that covers Friday, part of Saturday, and Monday. Let me feel in the rest. Saturday, Flip headed to Winston-Salem for her high school's b'ball tournament, so Mike came over, cooked dinner for me (i'm a lucky girl), and we watched the game. Go Heels! It was nice after a hectic day of car shopping and haggling. Sunday morning, I slept through the alarm clock (didn't even hear it), and we tried to go to brunch, but everything was packed since it was gorgeous outside, so we went and got Starbucks and something from the bakery at HT and it was just as good! Then I went to Carmax to get my car appraised I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone. They offered me $1400 more than the dealership and there are no fees. Flip and I hit Off Broadway shoes later in the day and went a little shoe crazy.....i won't even tell you how many pairs of shoes I bought last week, it's a little extreme....but they fit....ya'll really don't have any idea how hard it is to fit my foot.

The rest of the week has been pretty normal. Aerobics on Monday, hanging out at home last night, and who knows what today will bring.

Well that should catch everyone up. Here's to a good rest of the week and a great weekend of College Basketball. Maybe our boys will take it all the way!!! Oh and good luck to North Stokes on Saturday in Chapel Hill. They're in the State Championships for the first time ever. Flip and Chad, have a good time and say hello to Chapel Hill for me. Wish I could go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats