Saturday, December 23, 2006

We write for us... you read for you.

"Writing gives you the illusion of control, and then you realize it's just an illusion, that people are going to bring their own stuff into it."

~ David Sedaris


So... whether you know it or not, we write a lot about our lives on this here blog all the time. (And lately, it's mostly been Jess writing on this here blog. Sorry. I should be better about it.) The specific contents - or abstract thoughts - that we put in writing here are derived specifically from events, thoughts, and feelings that we experience day-to-day.

Funny thing is this: you don't always know exactly how we're feeling or what we're expressing when we write. So you read our posts and make them your own... within the context of your little corner of the world. I absolutely agree with David Sedaris in that we think we're in control of what a reader is gleaning from our writing, when in fact the reader is indeed in complete control. So we write for us... and you read for you.

Anyway... I really just want to wish all of my loved-ones out there the Merriest Christmas possible. If you're traveling, I wish you mercy. If something's on your mind, peace be with you. If you're with your family, feel the love. If you're far away from the ones you love, keep the faith. I'm truly fortunate that each of you is in my life. Much love to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats