Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"No Thank You"

Saturday afternoon on my weekly trip to Target, I overheard/saw a pretty humorous scene. I was in one of the main aisles looking at air fresheners. A mom and her 3 or 4 year old daughter were shopping for shoes on the other side of the aisle. All of you Target addicts like me will know exactly where I'm talking about. The mom kept showing the little girl different shoes and her response every time was "no thank you"....with some "no not those"...."i want to go look at (fill in the blank)".....and one "thank you for asking". Now I know this sounds rude.....but she was being as polite as any little kid I've ever met. The mom just stood there and looked at her like "well, what do I do now....she's doing what I taught her". It didn't help that the little girl was adorable. I finally decided I couldn't eavesdrop any longer so I continued with my shopping. For some reason this little scene stuck in my head all weekend and made me smile.

I wonder if there's something to learn from this little girl. Is it that we should be polite more often instead of just steam rolling our way through life and people? Or is it that we all need to learn how to say "no thank you"....like when you really just don't feel like doing something or being the go to person all of the time. I guess it depends on who you are. For me, it's a little bit of both. I know pretty much everybody in my life tells me to slow down.....I need to start taking their advice. So be nice to each other and if you need to tell someone no.....at least be polite about it. "No thank you" is just three little words....it won't take you that much longer to say them.

Not too much has been going on with us this week. We worked around the house Saturday and Sunday with a few errand runs and church on Sunday morning thrown into the mix. I'll let Mike share with all of you the "projects" he completed over the weekend. Monday night was the BCS game. What happened to the Buckeyes? Several of our friends are still in mourning. We are still happy for local boy, Chris Leak, though. Last night I met Flip and some of her co-workers for a drink and then headed home to a home-cooked meal. Yum!!!

Tonight will be another late one....especially since CBS is delaying the Carolina game!!!!!! The President will be on 800 channels.....can't they skip it just this once. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for supporting our troops....but, but, but.....ok I don't have a good reason except I'm selfish and want to watch the game and get in bed at a decent hour. So we'll be cheering on the Heels with a 22 minute delay. Go Heels!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats