Monday, January 01, 2007

2006, the weekend, and 2007

We're finally up and running. A power supply, power switch....and now a new computer later, we're back in business. My old computer finally bit the dust, and we still have to transfer some files over, but I finally have access to my pictures and can download once again!!! So we haven't posted any pictures for a while and I have a ton I want to put on here. Here's just a few to get us started.
Here's Kristen and Kurt at Kristen's last home football game back in November. Go Panthers!! It was FREEZING that night!








The day after Christmas we had the DeBerry's, Coates' and Deal's over for dinner. We gave little Andrew (versus Kathryn's Andrew) a marshmallow gun for Christmas. Mike did good on this one....he loved it!






Kathryn and Andrew got a music mat game for Christmas. They broke it out at our house and played hurdles for a while. Who won?










I'd say this is our first Christmas tree, but I still feel like the two at my old apartment were ours too. I still don't know how we got the first one in my mustang in 2004. We finally broke down and got a fake tree this year (with some help from Santa Claus) and it turned out great! I took down everything today...I think the cats are missing their hiding spot.







Here's me and my other Mike on Christmas day. My Uncle Mike came home for Christmas for the first time in FOREVER. I cannot even tell you how great it was to have him there. We were all at Mom's this year (minus one), which made it extra special. I really don't get to see him enough, even though it's been much more lately. When are you moving back closer to home?!?!?!?!



With it being New Year's Day, I can't help but reflect on last year and look forward to 2007. 2006 was a year of a lot of change for us. Mike and I both started new jobs, we bought "Chancellor", and had tears and laughter. We found out some of our loved ones were facing the challenge of a lifetime, and celebrated with friends and family in their moments of joy. I'm so thankful for the friends and family I've been blessed with. We really got to prove this year that we stick together during tough times. Even though we don't get to see each other every day anymore....we're still there for each other. I consider all of you my family and I can't say enough how much I appreciate all of my family....my own, Mike's, and our circle of friends.

We celebrated the New Year quietly this year. Friday night we went to the mall and hit Hickory Tavern for dinner. It's like a piece of home right down the street! Saturday we got some stuff done around the house and finally used our gift certificate to Beef and Bottle. Thanks again Harold and Ann. I'd have to say it was one of our best dinners out in a while......good conversation and food can do that. Sunday, we tried another church in the area, both ran some errands, and then hung out at home. I cooked dinner, we watched some movies, and toasted the New Year with Dick Clark. Then it was off to bed since Mike had to work today.

And now today we're in 2007. As I look back at the last year, I see triumphs, stumbles, and a lot of lessons learned. I've just done ok on my resolutions from last year. I did pretty good on the excersise plan until August or so and then it's just been down hill. I need to get my butt back in the gym. I'm very proud of myself when it comes to reading this year. If I counted correctly, I read 35 books this year!!! I got a late start, but once I got going, I haven't stopped. I've done just ok on the keeping in touch part of my plan. I did find Izzy (the original) and Andrea (from college) again this year. Too bad they're both on the other side of the country. I need to do a better job keeping in touch with people from Chicago and college. Kay....every 6 months is not often enough.....we need to talk more often. I really appreciate how we can always just pick up like we still we're living together at Walden.

I'm going to try to keep those resolutions going in 2007 and add a few new ones. I need to make a better effort when it comes to letting those around me know how much I appreciate them.....and not just in words, but by showing it. Life gets so busy sometimes, it's easy to take for granted those around us. Part of our good conversation Saturday night, was me trying to explain how I feel like I need to make a difference (even though Mike would argue I already have). It's hard to explain, but I feel like there's something out there calling my name, and I hope and pray that I figure out what it is and have the courage to take it on. I do feel "called" (sounds like a Baptist preacher) to do one thing with my life and shared that with Mike on Saturday night. Right now and for a while, it'll stay between the two of us. I just hope we're able to follow through on it one day.

Who knows what 2007 will bring? We do have a few things going on this year.....Scott and Lanier's wedding, my 30th birthday (say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!), an exciting new football coach at UNC, and hopefully more triumphs than tears. Here's wishing all of you the best 2007 possible!!...and sweetie.....Here's to our best year yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats