Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I Don't Like Weekend Recaps

Does anyone out there really care what happened to Jess and me over the long Easter weekend? Heck, pretty much all of you who read this blog regularly took part in at least some of the festivities yourselves. So... for the readers who happen to stumble upon this post, enjoy a rare weekend recap from Mikey:

Friday
Jess had the day off. I did not. :-( So she took the opportunity to run some errands and get the Moa-man gussied up for his big weekend. Donna rolled into town and I met Jess and Donna for lunch at Zack's (see Jess' previous post about her fave restaurants). I went back to work and the girls picked up Moa, stopped for some party supplies, and ended up in Hudson, NC for the evening. As for me... I stayed in Charlotte, ran some errands, and caught up with friends on the telephone. Low-key, fo sho.


Saturday
Got up, cleaned the apartment for a bit, packed, and headed for Hudson. Wanna know why? 'Cause we celebrated Izzy's first birthday!! Check it out:



After the b'day party, we packed up and headed for my parents' house all caravan style. Mom cooked a very problematic Turducken with several lovely sides, and my aunt, uncle, and grandmother all came over for dinner. Then we just sorta hung out until bedtime. Went to bed pretty early, too, because we had to get up at the crevasse of dawn the next day...


Sunday
Up at 0600 hours. A lovely sunrise service at 0700 with breakfast immediately following. Back home for a quick nap. Shower, shave, and dress. Back to church for the service at 1100. Back home for leftovers. Parents packed for the long drive to Kenosha. Parents left. More nappage. Call from Kevin. Over to Kevin's for dinner with friends. Back home. More TV. Sleep.


Monday
So we got up fairly early for a day off. The highlight of the morning was making some very tasty (and surprisingly believable) Egg McMuffin knockoffs with the help of my mother's most excellent new appliance. Ended up taking it easy in front of the tube while I worked on my laundry... then I headed out to pick up the fixins for livermush sandwiches (lunch). After lunch, Jess and I chilled for a bit longer and then she packed up her stuff and her dog and headed back to Charlotte. I wasn't too far behind... and after I left, it effectively ended our long weekend. Hope you weren't too bored by the recap.

Alright... so now for the news: I scheduled a phone interview for 8 AM on Thursday. I won't divulge the name of the company, but I will say that they have a rather long review process, apparently. I applied on February 27th and heard back from them today. Wish me luck... I'm very interested in this opportunity.

Big shout-out to the rest of my family in Kenosha, WI tonight. Hope y'all are having fun. Everybody else take care and be safe... hope to see you sooner rather than later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats