Monday, May 22, 2006

I survived.....

my first day that is. Today was my first day at BB&T......or as I now know the correct name is BB&T Leasing Center or the BLC as it's more affectionately know. I started the day by getting there entirely too early. I have to say thank you to Julie for loaning me a book. I had it in the car so I had something to pass the time. Today was their sales meeting so I got thrown right into the mix. The first person I met was the president of our division.....I didn't know it at the time. Thank goodness my mom taught me good manners and my dad gave me his business sense, so I didn't say anything stupid. I think I actually added something to the conversation....pat on the back for me. I don't feel like giving those to myself very often.

I wonder who the man/woman was that was sitting at their desk one day and decided that all cubicles should be gray from then until the end of time? Were they really that dull? Were they cheap and that was the easiest color to make? Was it their cruel joke intended to punish all of us worker bees? Did they make their decision like a king makes a proclomation...."From this day forth, all cubicles, big and small, small be gray in color"? Just my little question to the world. The good news about the new office is that it's clean.....a big step up from ole Ford Credit....but the bathroom is dirtier......if that's possible. But they're really tall cublicle walls which is a nice change and much bigger. I feel like I need to have an office warming party.....or would that be a cubicle warming party....I wonder if they make gray invitations. The really good news is that I'm close to Tori who I worked with at Ford and our other Ford employee that is coming there....name to be revealed later......will be right next to me (picture me smiling from ear to ear). Can you tell it's someone I like? Yippee is an understatement.

Now I just pray I know what I've gotten myself into. For those of you that know something about credit, the position I took basically handles everything from start to finish for the dealer except for decisioning the deal. For those of you that don't....basically it means a lot of paperwork, phone calls, deadlines, and you stay until it's done. The good news is that everyone there says the day flies by. They all have different work styles, but tonight at our sales dinner I found out that many of them come in early, work late, and even sometimes go in on weekends. I'm not too worried about it since I usually catch on fast....and at least all that time in means higher commissions :-). I'm sure I'll be able to figure out a heathly balance.

The really bad news is I won't have access to my yahoo mail at work? How can they take my lifeline away from me? I think I'm getting weaker. Just kidding. We can get email on our work accounts, so as soon as I get my email address, I'll let ya'll know what it is....just not on here....I don't need the entire world to have it.

Not much else going on today. Time to go get ready for tomorrow, spend some quality time with the "children", and call Mike to tell him good night. To the rest of you, "Good night and God bless".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats