Thursday, May 11, 2006

All the News That's Fit to Print

Taking a break from the philosophical posts to let all three of you know about what's happening in the lives o' Jess and Mike. Buckle up -- it's a fast ride...

  1. I was offered the job with Acme Co. on Tuesday. Most (OK... well... some) of you know the true identity of the future employer... but for those of you who don't know, I'll probably be able to tell on Monday. And that's right -- I said "future employer". I'm 100% certain that I'll accept the position. And if I haven't mentioned it yet, the job title is Forecast Analyst.

  2. On Wednesday, Jess was offered a position with BB&T as a Business Leasing Center Sales Representative II. She accepted and gave her resignation to Ford Credit today... so it became her last day there. Everyone wish her luck saying "Business Leasing Center Sales Representative II" every time someone asks her what her new job is.

  3. Today is Jessica's birthday. She's still not as old as I am. Anywho... I think it's been a good one so far, and the "most interesting gift" award goes to the "fruit bouquet" that Flip sent Jess at work. It was a totally edible arrangement about the size of a football helmet with pineapple, strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe and chocolate fudge sauce (still in the jar). Oh, and Jess liked her flowers (thanks mom, dad, K, & A!)... we took pictures to show you this weekend.


So that's the big news in a nutshell. We went to dinner tonight and felt like we were celebrating all of the above... so naturally we stuffed ourselves silly. Now it's time to go be miserably full for a while. How to kill the time? Maybe I'll read inspirational quotes from the likes of Vince Lombardi and Thomas Edison... just to psych myself up for the hijinks that are sure to ensue after I hand my boss a letter of resignation next week. Good times. What's the worst that could happen, right?

And if we don't talk to y'all again before Sunday, give each of your mothers a big hug for us and tell them we said hello. All moms are appreciated around here! Love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats